Comic Con International continues to grow leaps and bounds each year – but has it grown TOO much?
It’s another year of ‘firsts’ at what used to be called the San Diego Comic Con! Changed to Comic Con International in 1995, the event has become about much more than comics and the comic book culture.
Wikipedia sums it up best: “Originally showcasing comic books, science fiction/fantasy and film/television, and related popular arts, the convention now includes a larger range of pop culture elements, such as horror, animation, anime, manga, toys, collectible card games, video games, webcomics, and fantasy novels.”
2012 marks the first year of the “Opening Night Welcome Party”, as well as other additions to the Con meant to enhance the overall experience.
We take a look at ‘What’s New’ at the Con as well as some of the event’s storied history.
In this episode:
- Corey, Howie & Googs try to operate Voltron with only 3 lions
- a preview of some of the popular and not-so-popular panels
- 2012 SDCC Exclusives – what merch (yes, toys!) would you want most?
- The pros & cons of NOT going to Comic Con
- Sharing a bathroom with Lou Ferrigno
- AMC’s “Fixing Good” & “The Laying Alive”
The site we gushed about — shezcrafti
Download/Listen on BuzzSprout
Take us TO GO with the Stitcher app for smartphones!
#CosmicMeatSword #HamillsHots #Childrenofthe90s #MessyUnivorse #picklejar #kidz #daybydaybydaybyday #PhineasandHerb